Manufacturing Makes A Difference
Want to help those around you, take care of the environment and work in a stable field making great pay? Manufacturing is just the place for you.
Gone are the days when manufacturing meant dark factories and long hours. More and more, manufacturing companies are clean and bright and focused on social responsibility and environmental sustainability.
WHAT WE CARE ABOUT
Many Colorado manufacturers use a sustainable business approach based on creating long-term customer AND employee value. Companies are doing their part to make the world a better place, care for the environment and thinking about every dimension of how the business operates in the social, cultural and economic environment. They invest in their people, technology, infrastructure and their communities as they build their businesses.
They are focused on improving processes to eliminate waste by using clean and green strategies. Many use Lean Manufacturing processes to achieve lower levels of waste, water or energy usage.
SOCIAL CONTRIBUTIONS WE MAKE
And there are terrific examples of manufacturers doing great things; like giving a portion of their proceeds to charity or allowing employees time-off to volunteer. Colorado is home to manufacturers that are socially responsible and generally spreading good.
Outcomes We Create
Manufacturing employers help communities. Here are some examples.
- AirGas has an ongoing commitment to Operation Homefront on a local and national level. They also offer the Airgas “Welding 101” course at no cost to any veteran of Iraq and Afghanistan service who is interested in exploring a career in welding.
- AeroTek is committed to supporting education in the Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) disciplines.
- Trane Pueblo takes part in Neighborhood Works and participates in Operation Paintbrush to repaint & rehabilitate the homes of those who can not do so for themselves.
- Vestas is the global wind leader and their employees are excited about the commitment to making the world’s energy mix more sustainable.
- MillerCoors created FEWER (Fuel, Energy, Water, Emissions Reduction) Teams, with representatives at each brewery, that have multi-year action plans to improve results.
WHAT MANUFACTURING MEANS TO AMERICA
Want to know more? Check out this great video from the National Association of Manufacturers.