A quality assurance (QA) specialist evaluates products and their performance throughout the production cycle - from raw material to distribution.
As a QA specialist you will review, evaluate and recommend changes to product or processes in order to have the best product or process available. It is your job to make sure that the end result meets or exceeds the desired outcomes/end result.
If you like to question and evaluate things and have an idea of how things should be improved, a career as a QA specialist may be perfect for you.
Also Known As:
Regulatory Affairs Specialist
- Ability to Comprehend and Follow Visual, Written, and Oral Instructions
- Attention to Detail
- Advanced Computer Skills
- Business Fundamentals
- Communication - Internal and External
- Critical Thinking Skills
- Gathering or Getting Information
- Interpersonal Skills
- Organizing, Planning, and Prioritizing Work
- Problem Solving
- Project Management
- Quality Assurance
- Direct and conduct quality assurance tests
- Review product quality reports and customer feedback
- Suggest changes to manufacturing processes or products when necessary
- Ensure compliance with product specifications and customer demands
- Process Evaluations
- Quality Improvements
How to get this job
Six Sigma Green Belt Certification and project management skills needed. Professional business writing skills a plus.
Next Steps for this job
Training is important as is experience. With a degree you will enter as a QA assistant. On the job training will help you learn about processes, people and products. This will give you the best chance to move to a specialist position.
Specific job titles and duties vary by employer so check for details.